Old 06-29-2012, 09:44 AM
"Elisseev V."

Default CoS plugin and country related fields

Hello,

I'm trying to configure classic CoS plug-in to fill automatically
"Country" ("c") and "Friendly Country" ("co") based on "countrycode"
attribute. While classic CoS works perfectly fine with some ather
attributes, I can't get it working with the country related fields I
mentioned above. I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Rich Megginson

I'm trying to configure classic CoS plug-in to fill automatically
"Country" ("c") and "Friendly Country" ("co") based on "countrycode"
attribute. While classic CoS works perfectly fine with some ather
attributes, I can't get it working with the country related fields I
mentioned above. I'd appreciate any help!

Any errors in the errors log?

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:12 AM
Vladimir Elisseev

Rich,

The "countryCode" attribute is indeed not defined in the default schema.
I mistakenly thought because I didn't understand the extensibleObject
objectclass: The extensibleObject objectClass allows any attribute to be
added to an entry, including attributes that are not defined in the
Directory Server schema. Generally speaking I can get it working after
defining the "countryCode" attribute in the schema. However, I the
plug-in's override behavior in the CoS template doesn't work for me (it
doesn't actually "override" attributes), while in "operational" mode it
works perfectly fine. I'm still working on it.

Thank you anyway!
Vlad.