-   -   Proxying authentication (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/674516-proxying-authentication.html)

Alberto Suárez 06-19-2012 01:58 PM

Proxying authentication

Hello!

Can I use the Pass-Through Authentication pluging to forward my user's
credentials (login name and password) to a non 389ds LDAP server when
the user tries to bind to the directory server and use the response of
that back-end server to allow or deny the bind operation?

Thank you.

Alberto Suárez.

Mark Reynolds 06-19-2012 02:07 PM

Proxying authentication

Hi Alberto,

Theoretically it should work. Which ldap server are you trying to pass
through to?

Mark

Can I use the Pass-Through Authentication pluging to forward my user's
credentials (login name and password) to a non 389ds LDAP server when
the user tries to bind to the directory server and use the response of
that back-end server to allow or deny the bind operation?

Thank you.

Alberto Suárez.

Mark Reynolds
Senior Software Engineer