Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Petr Spacek

Default subtree stacking/subtree virtual views

Hello,

I'm looking for some way how to "stack" LDAP sub-trees one on top of another.

What I mean: Let's have two subtrees:
dc=lower and dc=upper

dc=lower contains objects:
cn=obj1
cn=obj2,attr A = 2
cn=obj3

dc=upper contains objects:
cn=obj2,attr A = 4
cn=obj4

Now I push dc=upper on top of dc=lower (let say it creates dc=stack)
Queries with base dc=stack will return:
cn=obj1 --> same object as in dc=lower
cn=obj2 --> same object as in dc=upper, attr A = 2
cn=obj3 --> same object as in dc=lower
cn=obj4 --> same object as in dc=upper

I saw overlays "relay" and "rwm" in OpenLDAP. Is there any support in 389 for
this use case?

I need to override several records from "lower" subtree with object from
"upper" subtree. Problem is, that subtree "lower" can contain 10 000 objects
and I need to override only 5 of them. I'm searching for effective way how to
accomplish this without copying whole subtree "lower" to "upper".

Thanks for your time.

Petr^2 Spacek