Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Alberto Viana

Default Sync with active directory doubts

Hello,
I have 2 389 DS servers a 6 AD servers and i read this on red hat documetation about windows replication:
"There can only be a single sync agreement between the Directory Server environment and the Active Directory environment. Multiple sync agreements to the same Active Directory domain can create entry conflicts."

Now Im trying the following scenario:

server2 389(consumer) <- replication -> server1 389 <- replication -> Server1 AD

So in my master 389 server (server1) I have 3 agreements with 3 different AD servers. Its not clear if "Active Directory environment" means just one AD server.

Just to make clear that the 6 AD servers are in the same Active Directory domain and all replicate information with each other. I have this number of AD servers because they are located in different places(physically).

Can this scenario create entry conflitc? Am I suppose to sync with just one AD server?

Thanks,

Alberto Viana