Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Alberto Viana

Default disabled user attribute

I have an 389 DS server 1.2.10 and I disabled/inactivated**a user just for test (via 389 console) but I could not find what attribute was modified with this change. I need to know how to identify a disabled/inactivated user.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Mark Reynolds

Hi Alberto,

We use "roles" for activating/disabling entries:

When a user is disabled, it is added to "disabled group":*
cn=nsmanageddisabledrole,dc=example,dc=com

audit log:

dn: uid=scarter,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

changetype: modify

add: nsRoleDN

nsRoleDN: cn=nsmanageddisabledrole,dc=example,dc=com

So to find all disabled users you can just search on:*
"nsRoleDN=cn=nsmanageddisabledrole,dc=example,dc=c om"

Mark