Old 05-09-2012, 08:04 AM
Ali Jawad

Default idle_timelimit 60

Hi
I know this is not a strictly 389 DS related question. I did set*idle_timelimit 60 in my /etc/ldap.conf client file but connections stay*running*and do not time out. Is there any setting I need to add on the server side ?

My Full Ldap file at /etc/ldap.conf
bind_policy softURI ldap://xx.xx.xx.xxBASE dc=xxxxxxx,dc=localTLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts

pam_password clearpam_lookup_policy yes
idle_timelimit 60
Regards

Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Gregory Matthews

I know this is not a strictly 389 DS related question. I did set
idle_timelimit 60 in my /etc/ldap.conf client file but connections stay
running and do not time out. Is there any setting I need to add on the
server side ?

what makes you think that this is a client config option? Are you
confusing it with "timelimit"?

idle_timelimit is a server option to configure for closing idle connections.

GREG

My Full Ldap file at /etc/ldap.conf

bind_policy soft
URI ldap://xx.xx.xx.xx
BASE dc=xxxxxxx,dc=local
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
pam_password clear
pam_lookup_policy yes

idle_timelimit 60

Regards

Greg Matthews 01235 778658
Scientific Computing Group Leader
Diamond Light Source Ltd. OXON UK

Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Paul Robert Marino

Its gennerally a goot idea on the server to set a shorter tcp keepalive interval in /etc/sysctl.conf

The default is 2 hours. Set it to slightly more than the idle time limit on your clients.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Ali Jawad

Thanks Guys, I figured this one out, my other post about force change password on reset is killing me though.

Its gennerally a goot idea on the server to set a shorter tcp keepalive interval in /etc/sysctl.conf

The default is 2 hours. Set it to slightly more than the idle time limit on your clients.

I know this is not a strictly 389 DS related question. I did set*idle_timelimit 60 in my /etc/ldap.conf client file but connections stay*running*and do not time out. Is there any setting I need to add on the server side ?

My Full Ldap file at /etc/ldap.conf
bind_policy softURI ldap://xx.xx.xx.xxBASE dc=xxxxxxx,dc=localTLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts

pam_password clearpam_lookup_policy yes
idle_timelimit 60
Regards

Ali Jawad