Old 05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Ali Jawad

Default No password change forced at first logon

HiI did check the box that says User Must Change Password After Reset in Data under configuration I also did set the same policy for specific users. However, I am not being asked to change password on first logons through ssh or direct console on server, the same is true when I do change the password of a user "I guess this is what password reset means".

I am not using Fine Grain Password settings.Any ideas ?
Thanks*

Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Mark Reynolds

Ali,

You need to reset the users password by "cn=directory manager" or
the "admin" account for this feature to take effect.** Just turning
it on will do nothing until you reset a password.* Then when the
user authenticates, they should not be able to do anything but
change their password.*

Mark

Old 05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Ali Jawad

Hi MarkWith I do logon to the GUI and I logon as the directory manager, and I do set the password for an existing user, and I try to create a new user with a new password. But the user does not get prompted for a pwd on first logon after that.

How do I "reset" the pwd ?
Thanks*

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Mark Reynolds <mareynol@redhat.com> wrote:

[...]

Information Systems Manager