-   -   No password change forced at first logon (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/664256-no-password-change-forced-first-logon.html)

Ali Jawad 05-08-2012 11:26 AM

No password change forced at first logon

HiI did check the box that says User Must Change Password After Reset in Data under configuration I also did set the same policy for specific users. However, I am not being asked to change password on first logons through ssh or direct console on server, the same is true when I do change the password of a user "I guess this is what password reset means".

I am not using Fine Grain Password settings.Any ideas ?
Thanks*

Mark Reynolds 05-08-2012 02:17 PM

No password change forced at first logon

Ali,

You need to reset the users password by "cn=directory manager" or
the "admin" account for this feature to take effect.** Just turning
it on will do nothing until you reset a password.* Then when the
user authenticates, they should not be able to do anything but
change their password.*

Mark

Ali Jawad 05-08-2012 02:27 PM

No password change forced at first logon

Hi MarkWith I do logon to the GUI and I logon as the directory manager, and I do set the password for an existing user, and I try to create a new user with a new password. But the user does not get prompted for a pwd on first logon after that.

How do I "reset" the pwd ?
Thanks*

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Mark Reynolds <mareynol@redhat.com> wrote:

Ali,

You need to reset the users password by "cn=directory manager" or
the "admin" account for this feature to take effect.** Just turning
it on will do nothing until you reset a password.* Then when the
user authenticates, they should not be able to do anything but
change their password.*

Mark

I did check the box that says User Must Change Password
After Reset in Data under configuration I also did set the
same policy for specific users. However, I am not being asked
to change password on first logons through ssh or direct
console on server, the same is true when I do change the
password of a user "I guess this is what password reset
means".
I am not using Fine Grain Password settings.
Any ideas ?

Thanks*

Ali Jawad
Information Systems Manager

Splendor Telecom (www.splendor.net)

Beirut, Lebanon
Phone: +9611373725/ext 116
FAX: +9611375554

Arpit Tolani 05-10-2012 07:28 PM

No password change forced at first logon

Hie