Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Alberto Suárez

Default Documentation to set up 389DS on Centos 6.2

Hello:

I am struggling to set up 389DS on Centos 6.2. I can hardly find any
information on how to do it, as everything is written for Centos 5. Due
to the changes introduced in Centos 6 and the lack of information, I am
finding it a nightmare, every step I make I run into new issues. Any help?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Russell Beall

I had very few OS-related issues setting up on CentOS 6.2. I set a node up in this OS alongside a node in RedHat 6.2 and the settings for the directoryserver are identical. I was pleased at the very large quantity of documentation at the redhat site which describes every aspect of the product in very complete detail.

The documentation at RedHat never seemed very OS-specific to me, and the only differences I generally saw were where the documentation had differing instructions based on the older "fedora" version of the directory server.

What system differences did you encounter?

Is your issue related to being on a 32-bit system instead of a 64-bit system?

Regards,
Russ.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Alberto Suárez

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am running Centos 6.2 64 bits. To be
honest, I am a bit lost with so many things to take into account...

Right now I am a bit stuck at configuring TLS. I executed the script
"setupssl2.sh" kindly provided by Rich Megginson and now i can no longer
start the administration server. When I execute "service server-admin I
get the following error message:

httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 735 of
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/httpd.conf: Could not open configuartion file
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/nss.conf: Permission denied

I have played with that file's permissions, even setting them as 777,
but nothing changes. It is currently owned by user "fedora-ds" group
"fedora-ds" and permissions are set to 400.

Thank you again.

Regards,
Alberto.