Old 04-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Moiss Barba Prez

Default Change attribute syntax

Hi,

** I wonder if it is possible to change an attribute syntax, in this case "destinationIndicator" attribute. The cities in my country has special characters (particulary ' ') and the directory server mark the attribute value with syntax violation.

** In case of change possibility, how can I change it? Can this change affect to another object/attribute?

Regards,
Moses.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Noriko Hosoi

** I wonder if it is possible to change an attribute syntax, in
this case "destinationIndicator" attribute. The cities in my
country has special characters (particulary ' ñ ') and the
directory server mark the attribute value with syntax violation.

** In case of change possibility, how can I change it? Can this
change affect to another object/attribute?

The attributeType destinationIndicator is PrintableString, which
unfortunately does not allow extended characters.* You could change
the syntax in your schema file, but it will violate the LDAP v3
standard.

attributeTypes: ( 2.5.4.27 NAME 'destinationIndicator'

* EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch

* SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch

* SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.44

* X-ORIGIN 'RFC 4519' )

PrintableString (OID=1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.44) IA5
(almost ASCII) string but limited to characters defined in RFC 2252 section 4.1 production p. Does NOT allow
extended characters e.g. é, Ø, å etc. Allows matchingRules of caseIgnoreMatch and caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch.

Regards,

Moses.