Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Stephen Ingram

Default Virtual Host Certificate

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM, James McCartney <james@uark.edu> wrote:
> I am adding a second DNS/IP to my directory server. *Is there a way to
> import a certificate and key into the directory that I've already created
> and had signed by GeoTrust? *It seems like certutil -A would add this to the
> database. *Has anyone done this, what format should I get the get cert and
> key in?

I'm assuming you've used OpenSSL to create the key and CSR for the
GeoTrust cert? If so, you can use openssl to translate the key and
cert to pkcs12 format (make sure you include the -name option to
create a nickname for the cert/key pair). Then use pk12util to import
them into your NSS certificate store:

pk12util -d {location of cert store} -i {name of cert and key in pkcs12 format}

Steve