Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Obr Pavel

Default OU in AD 2008 do noty sync to OU in 389-DS

Hallo, i have strange problem. I setup sync betwen windows AD and 389-DS.

If I synchronize from cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local (AD side) to ou=People,cn=skola,cn=local (389-DS side) everything works. It is mean, that users from*AD (cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local) are populated to 389-DS (ou=People,cn=skola,cn=local) correctly.

*

But I have a lot of users in AD in other organizational unit - CN=Students,dc=skola,dc=local.

When I setup Windows sync agreenment and change cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local to CN=Students,dc=skola,dc=local and sync it to location ou=People,cn=skola,cn=local in 389-DS nothing is synced. Why?

*

Next problem....

I make object OU=Users in 389-DS directory tree and setup sync between cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local (AD side) to ou=Users,cn=skola,cn=local (389-DS side). Nothing is synced...

*

Thanky you for your help.

*

Pavel

*

Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Rich Megginson

Hallo, i have strange problem. I setup sync betwen windows AD
and 389-DS.

If I synchronize from cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local (AD side) to
ou=People,cn=skola,cn=local (389-DS side) everything works. It
is mean, that users from*AD (cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local) are
populated to 389-DS (ou=People,cn=skola,cn=local) correctly.

*

But I have a lot of users in AD in other organizational unit
- CN=Students,dc=skola,dc=local.

When I setup Windows sync agreenment and change
cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local to CN=Students,dc=skola,dc=local
and sync it to location ou=People,cn=skola,cn=local in 389-DS
nothing is synced. Why?

Not supported.* You could try setting your sync subtree to be one
level higher e.g. sync cn=skola,cn=local in AD to dc=skola,dc=local
in 389.

*

Next problem....

I make object OU=Users in 389-DS directory tree and setup
sync between cn=Users,cn=skola,cn=local (AD side) to
ou=Users,cn=skola,cn=local (389-DS side). Nothing is synced...

Not supported.

*

Thanky you for your help.

*