On 04/11/2012 07:40 AM, G, Rajendra Babu (STSD) wrote:
We have noticed two problems in the
multiimaster replication environment of
389-1.2.0 code base. Can you please provide any insight
on these issues.
When the replica is modified (role
change from HUB to Supplier), the replica id is updated from
65535 to newly given replica id in the dse.ldif file. But the
RUV entry in the db/memory still having the old replica id
*(i.e 65535 ) instead of newly provided replica id .This
caused the problem of supplier and consumer still having the
old replica ID.
The reproducer details are given below:*
1.* Create the
2.* From admin
GUI , check "Enable Changelog" of Supplier Settings
3.* Specify the
location of update history log in "Replication Changelog"
"Enables Replica" of Replica Settings
5. Select "Hub"
in Replica Role and click Save* ---> nsDS5ReplicaId:65535
is added in dse.ldif file. ******// this is expected
"Single Master" in Replica Role and specify 13089 in ReplicaID
box, and click Save. ---> nsDS5ReplicaId:13089 is added in
dse.ldif file. // this is expected
7. *Create the
8.* Create the
entry for Supplier DN (cn=replication manager,cn=config)
9.* Specify the
entry created at step #2 above for Supplier DN box in
"Dedicated Consumer" as the replica role, and click Save*
---> nsDS5ReplicaId:65535 is added in dse.ldif file.* //*
this is expected
replication agreement between Supplier and Consumer.
the Consumer in Supplier.
13.* Search the
replication infromation (RUV) in Supplier* ---> no replica
ID hit ***//* This is normal
14.* Search the
replication information (RUV) in Consumer* ---> no replica
ID hit*** //* This is normal
15.* Add an
entry for Supplier
16.* Search the
replication information (RUV) in Supplier* ---> replica
ID:65535 is hit** // This is NOT normal. The replica id 13089
should be hit because of the step #6 above
* // This as if
the memory content is not change while dse.ldif is changed.
17.* Search the
replication information (RUV) in Consumer* ---> replica
ID:65535 is hit* // This is NOT normal.** // 13089 should be
hit because of the step #6 above
** // This as
if the memory content is not change while dse.ldif is changed.
Not sure if this has been fixed post-1.2.0.* If not, please file a
In the above setup we have noticed below
When we perform a MOD operation on
supplier, Multiple MOD operations are logged in the access log
*for same modify operation (i.e single operation). *For
instance, the mod operation for uid=0060628 below was
requested only once, but multiple MOD entries were logged in
access log. And also modification update from Supplier to
Consumer is taking around 10 min.
**** [02/Apr/2012:22:56:24 +0900]
conn=84924065 op=68 MOD