Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Dave Jones

Default Renaming an instance

I have been searching around the Internet for instructions on how to rename an instance. *Can anyone point me in the right direction? *For example, I have my instance named "abc" and I want to name it "xyz" now. *So I have the /etc/dirsrv/slapd-abc directory that I want to rename to /etc/dirsrv/slapd-xyz. *Do I have to export to an LDIF, run setup-ds-admin.pl, to create the new instance, then import the LDIF into the new instance name? *Or is there a shorter path?

Thanks,Dave

Old 04-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Rich Megginson

I have been searching around the Internet for
instructions on how to rename an instance. *Can anyone point me in
the right direction? *For example, I have my instance named "abc"
and I want to name it "xyz" now. *So I have the
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-abc directory that I want to rename to
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-xyz. *Do I have to export to an LDIF, run setup-ds-admin.pl,
to create the new instance, then import the LDIF into the new
instance name?
That's probably the easiest way to do it.

Or is there a shorter path?
The instance name is in many places on disk (in directory names and
filenames and in files) and in the directory server (under cn=config
and o=netscaperoot on the configuration directory server).* It
wasn't meant to be easily done.

Thanks,
Dave