Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Sam Wen

Default Missing creatorsName/createTimeStamp after migrate from Sun One dir to ds389

Hi There,
¬*
1.¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Not sure is there anyone having the same experience. We export the ldap data from Sun One directory to ldif file and import through the DS389 console. There is no error report and all records imported.
¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* But later we found out the creatorsName and createTimeStamp have not been imported. Do you guys know why?
¬*
2.¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* Can‚Äôt modify those 2 attributes easily. But there is some special keywords for these 2 attributes.¬* ‚ÄúNO-USER-MODIFICATION,¬* USAGE directoryOperation‚ÄĚ
Can I just remove those keywords and do the ldapmodify to those 2 attributes manually? ¬*¬*¬*I have tried but there will be some strange error reports.
¬*
¬*
Best Regards
¬*
Sam Wen
System Administrator
Faculty of Engineering and IT
University of Technology, Sydney
PH: 9514 2374
Em: sam.wen@uts.edu.au
¬*

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F

DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information.

If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or

attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete

this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the

sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney.

Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Mark Reynolds

Sam,

I could not reproduce the issue with the latest version of 389.¬*
After an import it still had the the creatorsName that was present
in the ldif file.

Check the config in dse.ldif.¬* Make sure "nsslapd-lastmod" is set to
"on" under cn=config.

Regards,

Mark

Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Sam Wen

Hi Mark,
¬*
Thanks for your reply.
¬*
Actually there is no such keyword in my dse.ldif with a standard yum installation from epel. The new adding ldap records(NOT from ldif import) will have those attributes even without that keyword set to on.
¬*
But is it possible we can force to change the ‚ÄúcreatorsName/createTimeStamp‚ÄĚ now?
¬*
Regards
Sam
¬*

Old 04-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Rich Megginson

there is no such keyword in my dse.ldif with a standard yum
installation from epel. The new adding ldap records(NOT from
ldif import) will have those attributes even without that
keyword set to on.

If it's not in your dse.ldif, then it's using the default value,
which is "on".¬* Attributes which are the default value do not show
up in dse.ldif (but they do show up if you do an ldapsearch on
cn=config).

¬*

But is it
possible we can force to change the ‚ÄúcreatorsName/createTimeStamp‚ÄĚ now?

You will have to do it in an LDIF file, then re-import that LDIF
file using ldif2db.

¬*

Regards

Sam

¬*

[...]

Please consider the environment before printing this
email.