Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Rich Megginson

Default Announcing 389 Directory Server version 1.2.10.4 Stable

The 389 Project team is pleased to announce the release of
389-ds-base-1.2.10.4. This release contains a fix for a bug that causes
the directory server to hang when using compare operations with virtual
attributes. No new features were added after alpha 8, just many bug
fixes. There are also 389-adminutil, 389-admin, and 389-dsgw packages.

NEW: EL6 support

Beginning with RHEL 6.2, the 389-ds-base package is included in the base
OS. Therefore, the 389-ds-base package can no longer be provided via
EPEL, due to RHEL/EPEL packaging restrictions.

However, the 389 Project will still make the full 389-ds-base package
available via http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/rmeggins/389-ds-base.
See http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download for more information.

NEW: Issue Tracking System

We have moved our ticket tracking system from the Red Hat Bugzilla
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=389 to our Fedora
Hosted Trac https://fedorahosted.org/389. All of the old 389 bugs have
been copied to Trac. All new bugs, feature requests, and tasks should be
entered in Trac

This link shows all of the issues fixed in the 1.2.10 branch -
https://fedorahosted.org/389/report/12
In addition to the tickets for Milestone 1.2.10.3 there were a couple of
issues found by valgrind that have been fixed.

NEW: Plugin Authors

WARNING: Plugins should be made transaction aware so that they can be
called from within a backend pre/post transaction plugin. Otherwise,
attempting to perform an internal operation will cause a deadlock. See
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Plugins

Installation

yum install --enablerepo=updates-testing 389-ds
# or for EPEL
yum install --enablerepo=epel-testing
[--enablerepo=epel-testing-389-ds-base] 389-ds

setup-ds-admin.pl

Upgrade

yum upgrade --enablerepo=updates-testing 389-ds-base
idm-console-framework 389-admin 389-ds-console 389-admin-console
389-dsgw 389-adminutil

# or for EPEL
yum upgrade --enablerepo=epel-testing
[--enablerepo=epel-testing-389-ds-base] 389-ds-base
idm-console-framework 389-admin 389-ds-console 389-admin-console
389-dsgw 389-adminutil

setup-ds-admin.pl -u

How to Give Feedback

The best way to provide feedback is via the Fedora Update system.

* Go to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
* In the Search box in the upper right hand corner, type in the name of
the package
* In the list, find the version and release you are using (if you're not
sure, use rpm -qi <package name> on your system) and click on the release
* On the page for the update, scroll down to "Add a comment" and provide
your input

Or just send us an email to 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org

Reporting Issues

https://fedorahosted.org/389

More Information
* Release Notes - http://port389.org/wiki/Release_Notes
* Install_Guide - http://port389.org/wiki/Install_Guide
* Download - http://port389.org/wiki/Download

Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
"Groten, Ryan"

Is this version available (or coming) for RH5 anywhere? I only see RH6 repository on fedorapeople and fedoraproject newest version is 1.2.9.9.

Thanks!
Ryan

[...]

yum upgrade --enablerepo=epel-testing [--enablerepo=epel-testing-389-ds-base] 389-ds-base idm-console-framework 389-admin 389-ds-console 389-admin-console 389-dsgw 389-adminutil
setup-ds-admin.pl -u

How to Give Feedback

The best way to provide feedback is via the Fedora Update system.

* Go to https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
* In the Search box in the upper right hand corner, type in the name of the package
* In the list, find the version and release you are using (if you're not sure, use rpm -qi <package name> on your system) and click on the release
* On the page for the update, scroll down to "Add a comment" and provide your input

Or just send us an email to 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org

Reporting Issues

https://fedorahosted.org/389

More Information
* Release Notes - http://port389.org/wiki/Release_Notes
* Install_Guide - http://port389.org/wiki/Install_Guide
* Download - http://port389.org/wiki/Download

This communication, including any attached documentation, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or taking action on the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact us immediately so we may correct our records. Please then delete or destroy the original transmission and any subsequent reply.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Rich Megginson