Old 03-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Manel Gimeno Zaragozá

Default Replication integrity tool/script

Hello,

I'm configuring an environment with multi-master replication.

ds - 1.2.10
OS - CentOS release 6.2 (Final)

I'm wondering if there is any tool to check the integrity of both servers, I mean, some tool or script that checks if both servers are exactly the same or if there is some mismatch, just to be sure that replication is working well and we are not missing anything in the process.

Thanks.

Manel

Old 03-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Rich Megginson

I'm configuring an environment with multi-master replication.

ds - 1.2.10

OS - CentOS release 6.2 (Final)

I'm wondering if there is any tool to check the integrity of
both servers, I mean, some tool or script that checks if both
servers are exactly the same or if there is some mismatch, just
to be sure that replication is working well and we are not
missing anything in the process.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Monitoring_Replication_Status.html

Thanks.

Manel

Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Manel Gimeno Zaragozá

Hello,

Thanks for the link, but this not solve my problem. Here is an example of what I do and want I'm specting.

I have 2 servers in multi-master replication A<---->B

Imagine that I have a mismatch in my directory server for some reason (backup restored just in one server, missing change log, or whatever) and server A has 25 users and B has 28 users. But I didn't notice.
I'm keep working adding users and groups to the LDAP and replication is working well. When I add users to server A they are replicated correctly in server B and vice versa. If i check repl-monitor.pl, it shows me that everyting is OK and the changes made after "the problem" are correctly sincronized, but I've still a mismatch.

Is there any way to check that?

Thanks & Regards.

Manel

Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM
"Michael R. Gettes"

Given your scenario - if you did a restore then you would get an error message of something like
NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=master-t01-to-master-t02" (ldap-master-t02:389): Replica has a different generation ID than the local data.
Yes, I just did this. *Then you would want to conduct an online initialization to bring the replica back into sync. *Given this, all you need to do is monitor that replication is working. *Under normal operations you won't have a problem. * If you start doing exceptional things like mucking directly with the DB file, then this is how you might get into the trouble you describe and the solution is to re-init the replica.
i hope this helps.
/mrg
On Mar 28, 2012, at 7:47, Manel Gimeno Zaragozá wrote:Hello,

Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Rich Megginson

Thanks for the link, but this not solve my problem. Here is an
example of what I do and want I'm specting.

I have 2 servers in multi-master replication A<---->B

Imagine that I have a mismatch in my directory server for some
reason (backup restored just in one server, missing change log,
or whatever) and server A has 25 users and B has 28 users. But I
didn't notice.

I'm keep working adding users and groups to the LDAP and
replication is working well. When I add users to server A they
are replicated correctly in server B and vice versa. If i check
repl-monitor.pl, it shows me that everyting is OK

If you had to restore from a backup or import an LDIF from a backup
LDIF, then repl-monitor.pl should show you that you are out of sync.