Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Default Replica ID management

Happy Monday, group. This seems like it should be obvious. When I set up a new replication using the console, I’m prompted to enter a unique replica ID. How can I tell if the ID I choose is unique? Is there a best practice for replica ID management?
*
Thanks, Mike

Old 03-26-2012, 05:07 PM
"Groten, Ryan"

I used the last set of digits from each servers ip address.* That ensures uniqueness in my environment only because all my DS’s are in the same subnet.

*