Old 03-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Rich Megginson

Default configuration server setup

On 03/20/2012 08:34 AM, mjames@guesswho.com wrote:

I installed a new CentOS6 ldap server into
our environment. I ran the setup-ds-admin.pl script and told
it to get the config from one of the existing servers. When I
use the 389-console, I don’t see o=NetscapeRoot on the new
Directory server. I do see the baseDN.

Right.* o=NetscapeRoot only exists on the configuration directory
server.

*

So how should I replicate o=NetscapeRoot dn
to the new server? I thought that happened automagically
during the install.

No.* Do you really need to replicate o=NetscapeRoot?

*

Thx, Mike

Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM

@Rich, I was thinking that I’d use MMR to replicate the configuration server for redundancy purposes. Is there a better/different way to accomplish this? Thanks for the reply.
*

Old 03-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Rich Megginson

I was thinking that I’d use MMR to replicate the
configuration server for redundancy purposes. Is there a
better/different way to accomplish this? Thanks for the
reply.

See
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Replicating-ADS-for-Failover.html

*