Old 03-14-2012, 04:33 AM
"s.varadha rajan"

Default Req PPA link for Ubuntu

Hi Team,

We are trying to install 389 ds server in Ubuntu 10.04 x86-64 edition. we followed the doc from the site "https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FedoraDirectoryServer" . In that site, they have specified the following url,

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-389-directory-server/ppa/ubuntu/ karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-389-directory-server/ppa/ubuntu/ karmic main.

Once if added the above Url in the Sources list, we can easily install 389 ds entire server in the Ubuntu server edition.but now a days this link may be down* and there is no alternative links. i have searched in google but, no luck.Please let me know alternative link for the URL's or is there any other way we can install complete 389 ds server,fedors-idm-console,etc.

Please help me on this

Regards,
Varad

Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM

Is this what you’re looking for? http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-389-directory-server/ppa/ubuntu/dists/karmic/main/
*

Old 03-14-2012, 12:50 PM
"s.varadha rajan"

Hi mjames,
Thx for the reply.after adding to the system and after ran the apt-get update, if you type #apt-cache search 389-ds*,nothing will be displayed.why because in the specified there is no packages.if you open the link in browser and verify.

Regards,Varad

Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Sorry, I see those directories are empty – but there are debs in http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-389-directory-server/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/3/ that may work for you.
*

Old 03-14-2012, 01:40 PM
"s.varadha rajan"

Hi,
thx for the updates and link.but one more concern, if we install through tarball(tgz,,), while updating the server it is difficult right.Anyway thx for this..
Regards,
Varad

Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 PM

Installing via the tarball can lead to dependency problems down the road – your rpm database won’t know about any of those installs.
*

Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Timo Aaltonen

On 14.03.2012 07:33, s.varadha rajan wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We are trying to install 389 ds server in Ubuntu 10.04 x86-64 edition. we
> followed the doc from the site "
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FedoraDirectoryServer" . In that site,
> they have specified the following url,
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-389-directory-server/ppa/ubuntu/
> karmic maindeb-src
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-389-directory-server/ppa/ubuntu/
> karmic main.

Precise (12.04) already has a (mostly) complete set of 389 included in
the official repository. The team repo once had packages for oneiric,
maybe for karmic too at some point but those are long gone.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
"s.varadha rajan"

FYI

Varad

Thx for all the reply.Is there any other way right now ?

Thanks & Regards,
Varad