Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 PM
solarflow99

Default win sync limitation

I just noticed that a user created from windows cannot login on linux because they have no posixuser attributes.* If there was 1 feature that would be a "nice to have", this would be it.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Rich Megginson

I just noticed that a user created from windows cannot
login on linux because they have no posixuser attributes.* If
there was 1 feature that would be a "nice to have", this would be
it.

IPA winsync has this feature.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Juan Carlos Camargo Carrillo

Is there a way to use the IPA winsync plugin with 389ds?* In general terms, there are some features of IPA that I'd like to use without changing the ldap server.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Rich Megginson

Is there a way to use the IPA winsync plugin with 389ds?* In
general terms, there are some features of IPA that I'd like to use
without changing the ldap server.

Note that IPA winsync does not sync groups

I suppose you could grab the plugin .so file and the configuration
entry from IPA and install it in 389ds.