-   -   win sync limitation (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/543996-win-sync-limitation.html)

solarflow99 06-24-2011 08:52 PM

win sync limitation

I just noticed that a user created from windows cannot login on linux because they have no posixuser attributes.* If there was 1 feature that would be a "nice to have", this would be it.

Rich Megginson 06-24-2011 09:04 PM

win sync limitation

I just noticed that a user created from windows cannot
login on linux because they have no posixuser attributes.* If
there was 1 feature that would be a "nice to have", this would be
it.

IPA winsync has this feature.

Juan Carlos Camargo Carrillo 06-27-2011 06:42 AM

win sync limitation

Is there a way to use the IPA winsync plugin with 389ds?* In general terms, there are some features of IPA that I'd like to use without changing the ldap server.

Rich Megginson 06-27-2011 01:01 PM

win sync limitation

Is there a way to use the IPA winsync plugin with 389ds?* In
general terms, there are some features of IPA that I'd like to use
without changing the ldap server.

Note that IPA winsync does not sync groups

I suppose you could grab the plugin .so file and the configuration
entry from IPA and install it in 389ds.