Old 06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Roberto Polli

Default ldap proxy and entry-based chaining: writing a plugin?

Hi all, just a question.

Does 389 provide a proxy functionality that can be used to identify
immediately the right server to match?

In case it's not supported, is it possible to develop a 389 plugin to manage
it? Once developed, are you interested in merge that feature in the 389
upstream?

Imagine the following configuration:
U - user
P - ldap proxy with two chained server:
* R1- real server 1
* R2 - real server 2

Actually when U issue a search, on P forwards it on both the chained server.

I'd like to know if there's a plugin or some sort of dynamic configuration
that can be used to redirect the search directly on the right server using
some further information provided (eg. regex & co).

Here's a standard use case.
1- DIT:
o=company, ou=italy, { dc=domain1.it, dc=domain2.it, dc=domain3.it}
o=company, ou=france, { dc=domain1.fr, dc=domain2.fr, dc=domain3.fr}

2- Each county is managed by one cluster. The proxy is configured with two
dblink/chain:
ou=italy ->cluster1
ou=france->cluster2

3- the search is done on the proxy using one attribute "mail=user@domain1.it"

4- I'd like that all domain matching .it$ are searched first on cluster1, and
conversely if matching .fr$ on cluster2

Obviously if you're interested I'll clarify.

Peace,
R.
--
Roberto Polli
Project Manager

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio ed i suoi allegati sono di carattere
confidenziale per i destinatari in indirizzo.
E' vietato l'inoltro non autorizzato a destinatari diversi da quelli indicati
nel messaggio originale.
Se ricevuto per errore, l'uso del contenuto e' proibito; si prega di
comunicarlo al mittente e cancellarlo immediatamente.