-   -   How to increase the number of DB locks on the 389 Directory (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/539751-how-increase-number-db-locks-389-directory.html)

"Glenn Machin" 06-14-2011 05:03 PM

How to increase the number of DB locks on the 389 Directory

Looking at the source code - I fixed the problem by doing the
following.** If there is an easier way let me know.

Shutdown down the 389 directory

Edited /etc/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/dse.ldif

Under dn: cn=config,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config

added attribute:

nsslapd-db-locks: 40000

Dumped the userRoot DB

/usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/db2ldif -n userRoot

(Note this starts slapd so you have to stop the server again)

Reload userRoot

/usr/lib64/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/ldif2db -n userRoot -i
/var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-SERVER/ldif/SERVER-userRoot-DATE.ldif

Start the server

Looked at the configuration attributes:

ldapsearch -h localhost -p 389 -D "cn=directory manager" -W -x -b
"cn=database,cn=monitor,cn=ldbm database, cn=plugins,cn=config"
objectclass=* | grep lock

nsslapd-db-configured-locks is now set to 40000

Glenn