-   -   How to increase the number of DB locks on the 389 Directory (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/539651-how-increase-number-db-locks-389-directory.html)

"Glenn Machin" 06-14-2011 02:29 PM

How to increase the number of DB locks on the 389 Directory

I am getting the error below form my Version 1.2.8.2 (Build
2011.104.231) 389 Directory Server:

"libdb: Lock table is out of available locks"

The cn=database,cn=monitor,cn=ldbm database, cn=plugins,cn=config
show the following:

nsslapd-db-configured-locks: 10000

nsslapd-db-current-locks: 40

nsslapd-db-max-locks: 10000

Its clear I am reaching the max number of locks of 10000.** However
I don't know how to increase the value of
nsslapd-db-configured-locks

The RedHat Directory documentation talks about increasing the value
through the attribute:

cn=config,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config :
nsslapd-db-locks

However this did not origiinally exist and even when it was
added it did not change the value of nsslapd-db-configured-locks

How do I increase the value of nsslapd-db-configured-locks?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Glenn