Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Danny Wall

Default ds-admin script/package

I am setting up three RHEL 6 servers and am unable to find the packages or scripts to install the admin console. In CentOS 5.5 and the 389 project, the packages are available, and I see references to setup-ds-admin.pl in RHEL 6 documentation and in searches. I have the dirsrv package installed and a couple LDAP instances configured, but I have to use generic LDAP browsers for administration and can not configure password policies, etc. that appear to require the admin console or web page.

Can anyone point me to the missing link?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2011, 08:56 PM
solarflow99

There are several RPM's involved, what repo and yum command did you use?

Old 06-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Danny Wall

I first tried to the default rhel 6 repo then tried adding the epel 6 repo.

Thanks

On Jun 2, 2011 4:57 PM, "solarflow99" <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:> There are several RPM's involved, what repo and yum command did you use?

Old 06-02-2011, 09:11 PM
solarflow99

good, epel is the one to use.* Did you use yum install 389-ds* ? that will pull in the whole thing.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Danny Wall

I may have used 389 base. I will try it later without the base. Thanks

On Jun 2, 2011 5:11 PM, "solarflow99" <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:> good, epel is the one to use. Did you use yum install 389-ds ? that will

Old 06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Rich Megginson