-   -   ds-admin script/package (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/534289-ds-admin-script-package.html)

Danny Wall 06-02-2011 08:40 PM

ds-admin script/package

I am setting up three RHEL 6 servers and am unable to find the packages or scripts to install the admin console. In CentOS 5.5 and the 389 project, the packages are available, and I see references to setup-ds-admin.pl in RHEL 6 documentation and in searches. I have the dirsrv package installed and a couple LDAP instances configured, but I have to use generic LDAP browsers for administration and can not configure password policies, etc. that appear to require the admin console or web page.

Can anyone point me to the missing link?

Thanks

solarflow99 06-02-2011 08:56 PM

ds-admin script/package

There are several RPM's involved, what repo and yum command did you use?

Danny Wall 06-02-2011 09:01 PM

ds-admin script/package

I first tried to the default rhel 6 repo then tried adding the epel 6 repo.

Thanks

On Jun 2, 2011 4:57 PM, "solarflow99" <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:> There are several RPM's involved, what repo and yum command did you use?

solarflow99 06-02-2011 09:11 PM

ds-admin script/package

good, epel is the one to use.* Did you use yum install 389-ds* ? that will pull in the whole thing.

Danny Wall 06-02-2011 09:14 PM

ds-admin script/package

I may have used 389 base. I will try it later without the base. Thanks

On Jun 2, 2011 5:11 PM, "solarflow99" <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:> good, epel is the one to use. Did you use yum install 389-ds ? that will

Rich Megginson 06-02-2011 09:18 PM

ds-admin script/package