-   -   Thunderbird/Squirrelmail - common address book? LDAP? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/532655-thunderbird-squirrelmail-common-address-book-ldap.html)

Philip Rhoades 05-30-2011 07:01 PM

Thunderbird/Squirrelmail - common address book? LDAP?

People,

I have previously been asking questions about importing a TB addressbook
book here and I think I can see how I can do that now but I guess I
should ask a more fundamental question: Is using an LDAP server the
best way of getting a commonly accessible addressbook for both TB and
SM? Even if I could use a setup like that, there is still no way TB can
automatically update the LDAP DB for mails that go out to new email
addresses . .

It seems that LDAP is the only common addressbook possibility between TB
and SQ but that solution is not completely satisfactory either . .

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades