Old 05-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Jeremy Carroll

Default 389-Console no longer works. Blank menu items

Here is the pastebin of the console log with debugging.
http://pastebin.com/C8iajzXY
The console no longer works on any operating system I've tried. I've tried the ldap server (CentOS 5.5), a Windows 2003 Server w/Console, a Windows 2008 Server w/console, and Fedora 15. None of them work. Here is the screenshot of the console.
http://i.imgur.com/gqO4j.png
The errors in the log state that it's unable to resolve a lot of the strings. I don't know how to troubleshoot this issue. Any ideas?
ResourceSet:getString():Unable to resolve menu-start

Jeremy Carroll
Sr. Network Engineer

*

Old 05-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Rich Megginson

Here is the pastebin of the console log with debugging.

http://pastebin.com/C8iajzXY

The console no longer works on any operating system I've
tried.

No longer?* It was working and now not?* What happened?

I've tried the ldap server (CentOS 5.5), a Windows 2003
Server w/Console, a Windows 2008 Server w/console, and
Fedora 15. None of them work. Here is the screenshot of the
console.

http://i.imgur.com/gqO4j.png

The errors in the log state that it's unable to resolve a
lot of the strings. I don't know how to troubleshoot this
issue. Any ideas?

Looks like it can't find the package containing the resources.* Try
doing rm -rf ~/.389-console then re-run console.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Jeremy Carroll

Found the issue. For some reason it was referencing the wrong jar file in the netscapeRoot database. I dumped the db with db2ldif, edited the jar location, and reinstalled it with ldif2db. Works fine now. Here was the line in question.
This happened apparently after an upgrade in EPEL.
nsClassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.roledit.ResEditorRoleIn fo@389-ds-1.2.3*.jarnsClassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.roledit.ResEditorRoleMe mbers@389-ds-1.*2.3.jarnsClassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.roledit.ResEditorRoleAc countPage@389-d*s-1.2.3.jar
Changed to
nsClassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.roledit.ResEditorRoleIn fo@389-ds-1.2.5*.jarnsClassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.roledit.ResEditorRoleMe mbers@389-ds-1.*2.5.jarnsClassname: com.netscape.admin.dirserv.roledit.ResEditorRoleAc countPage@389-d*s-1.2.5.jar

Jeremy Carroll
Sr. Network Engineer

Office:****(608) 237-1867

Phone:***(608) 729-5154

* Fueling Intelligent Brands *

This e-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.* Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, duplication or distribution is prohibited.* If you received this message in error, please notify me by phone or return email, do not forward to any other person and permanently delete the foregoing message, all attachments and all copies immediately

*

Found the issue. For some reason it was referencing the
wrong jar file in the netscapeRoot database. I dumped the db
with db2ldif, edited the jar location, and reinstalled it
with ldif2db. Works fine now. Here was the line in question.

This happened apparently after an upgrade in EPEL.

After you upgraded, did you run setup-ds-admin.pl -u?* This is what
fixes the jar file names, among other things.