Old 05-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Philip Rhoades

Default Importing Thunderbird AddressBook into LDAP

People,

I have installed the 389 DS on F14 x86_64 OK and can see a few people
that I added with the 389 Console in both Thunderbird and Squirrelmail
but now I want to do a bulk import of my TB addressbook into the 389 DB.
I can export the TB AB to an ldif file but it fails to import using
the 389 "Import Databases" fn - I presume I have to somehow massage the
LDIF file to make it compatible? Here is a complete record:

dn: cn=Tina XXXXXX,mail=TXXXXXX@nYYYYYYY.com
objectclass: top
objectclass: person
objectclass: organizationalPerson
objectclass: inetOrgPerson
objectclass: mozillaAbPersonAlpha
givenName: Tina
sn: Franks
cn: Tina XXXXXX
mozillaNickname: tinaX
mail: TXXXXXXX@nYYYYYYY.com
modifytimestamp: 48a5a25d

I guess one of the objectlasses should be "People"?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades