Old 05-20-2011, 01:54 PM
"Andrea Modesto Rossi"

Default Question about PasswordPolicy

Hi all,

i've got a 389 installation up and running on Centos 5.6(i386) server.

I can define a password policy for subtree, then each users have some new
fields such as PasswordHistory, PasswordMaxAge and so on.

My question, for example.

PasswordAllowChangeTime: 20110523133732Z

Whhat does it mean? OK:

2011: year
05: May, month

but what *23133732Z* is?

Thank you very much for your help!

Have a nice weekend.

Ciao

Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Gary Algier

Timestamps in LDAP are generally represented by a string of digits followed by Z. **This is approximately an ISO 8601 format (ISO puts a T between the date and time). ***It breaks down as in:
***20110523133732Z
***YYYYMMDDHHMMSSZ
***2011 year
***05 month
***23 day of month
***13 hour
***37 minute
***32 second
***Z indicates UTC (aka Zulu)

See:*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iso_time#Combined_date_and_time_representations

Fat fingered from my iPad -- miscorrections happen.