Old 05-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Rich Megginson

Default 389 upgrade error

On 05/06/2011 01:48 PM, Sandra Blain Escalona wrote:

I've upgrading the new version 389 and when I run the script
setup-ds-admin.pl -u I get this error:

[root@pluton yum.repos.d]# setup-ds-admin.pl -u

The update option will allow you to re-register your servers with
the

configuration directory server and update the information about
your

servers that the console and admin server uses.* You will need
your

configuration directory server admin ID and password to continue.

Continue? [yes]:

Please specify the information about your configuration directory

server.* The following information is required:

- host (fully qualified), port (non-secure or secure), suffix,

* protocol (ldap or ldaps) - this information should be provided
in the

* form of an LDAP url e.g. for non-secure

ldap://host.example.com:389/o=NetscapeRoot

* or for secure

ldaps://host.example.com:636/o=NetscapeRoot

- admin ID and password

- admin domain

- a CA certificate file may be required if you choose to use ldaps
and

* security has not yet been configured - the file must be in
PEM/ASCII

* format - specify the absolute path and filename

Configuration directory server URL
[ldap://pluton.virtual.etecsa.cu:389/o=NetscapeRoot]:

Configuration directory server admin ID [uid=admin389,
ou=Administrators, ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot]:

Configuration directory server admin password:

Configuration directory server admin domain [virtual.etecsa.cu]:

The server 'ldap://pluton.virtual.etecsa.cu:389/o=NetscapeRoot' is
not reachable.* Error: unknown error

Please try again, in case you mis-typed something.

and it repeat again.

I tried to start dirsrv service but its fails, but dirsrv-admin
service is running

somebody can help me???

Try running setup-ds-admin.pl -ddd -u

thanks

Sandra

---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx2.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Old 05-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Rich Megginson