FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Directory

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Rich Megginson
 
Default master stops responding when slave cannot be updated

On 04/26/2011 12:46 PM, brandon wrote:
> Okay, I don't know if this is the designed behaviour or not, but we have
> a single master server with one slave, and we shutdown the slave to
> rebuild it, but did not remove the replication agreement. The master
> server stopped responding to queries after a period of time, and did not
> start servicing queries again until the slave came back online and it
> was able to complete its replication (read-only queries, nothing that
> should require changes).
>
> Is this the designed behaviour?
No.
> Running
>
> 389-ds-base-1.2.7.5-1 on the Master
> 389-ds-base-1.3.3-1 on the Slave
>
> On the master, there are a bunch of log messages about the Replication
> Manager getting TCP connection reset by pee, Consumer failed to replay
> change, and DSA is unwilling to perform. These were expected, since the
> slave was down. If it would help, I can digup those entries.
Sure. Are there any other errors?
Can you post excerpts from the master access log showing connection
attempts from clients during this time?
> Thanks,
>
> -Brandon
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
brandon
 
Default master stops responding when slave cannot be updated

On 04/26/2011 12:52 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
>
> Sure. Are there any other errors?

I am still trying to quantify the problem, it may be bigger than I
originally thought. We have four slaves, one was down for service, the
others were current, but all of them have failed and slapd is no longer
running. No logged messages to the slapd log, but there are sealert
messages.

> Can you post excerpts from the master access log showing connection
> attempts from clients during this time?

Hmm, I will have to sanitize it.

-Brandon
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Rich Megginson
 
Default master stops responding when slave cannot be updated

On 04/26/2011 01:05 PM, brandon wrote:
> On 04/26/2011 12:52 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
>> Sure. Are there any other errors?
> I am still trying to quantify the problem, it may be bigger than I
> originally thought. We have four slaves, one was down for service, the
> others were current, but all of them have failed and slapd is no longer
> running. No logged messages to the slapd log, but there are sealert
> messages.
Can you post the sealert messages?
>> Can you post excerpts from the master access log showing connection
>> attempts from clients during this time?
> Hmm, I will have to sanitize it.
Ok. Please do.
> -Brandon
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:18 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org