Old 04-26-2011, 06:46 PM
brandon

Default master stops responding when slave cannot be updated

Okay, I don't know if this is the designed behaviour or not, but we have
a single master server with one slave, and we shutdown the slave to
rebuild it, but did not remove the replication agreement. The master
server stopped responding to queries after a period of time, and did not
start servicing queries again until the slave came back online and it
was able to complete its replication (read-only queries, nothing that
should require changes).

Is this the designed behaviour?

Running

389-ds-base-1.2.7.5-1 on the Master
389-ds-base-1.3.3-1 on the Slave

On the master, there are a bunch of log messages about the Replication
Manager getting TCP connection reset by pee, Consumer failed to replay
change, and DSA is unwilling to perform. These were expected, since the
slave was down. If it would help, I can digup those entries.

Thanks,

-Brandon