Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Steven Jones

Default RHEL6?

Hi,

What packages/rpms/debs are needed to build a 389 master with a master to master replication and Microsoft AD password sync capability and on what OS?

I suppose Im asking what would be a recommended or "the best" OS platform to base FDS on?

;]

I need to support a few hundred users, I need business/enterprise class stability so Im assuming Fedora isnt it, (I cant see how it would meet a businesses need for many years of stability? it development is way to fast I suspect?)

I would be happy with RHEL6, Debian6 or Centos X or Ubuntu X as 4 obvious possibilities given I have experience enough on the first two of these in particular.

regards

Steven

Old 04-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Rich Megginson

On 04/21/2011 02:22 AM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What packages/rpms/debs are needed to build a 389 master with a master to master replication and Microsoft AD password sync capability and on what OS?
on fedora and epel5 you need 389-ds-base-libs, 389-ds-base, and the
passsync.msi
rhel 6.1 includes 389-ds-base in the base OS (but the
replication/winsync bits are separate)