-   -   Unable to query anything in DB after import (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/516017-unable-query-anything-db-after-import.html)

brandon 04-19-2011 02:19 PM

Unable to query anything in DB after import

So I am a little at a loss here, perhaps somebody out there has some
insight I am missing (likely obvious, knowing my luck).

I have a 389-ds 1.1.3-5 (redhat epel RPM) / i386 directory server, I ran
db2ldif to export the data. Then on a new host running 389-ds-1.2.1-1 /
x86_64, I ran ldif2db and imported the data. I can see the entries when
I browse it from 389-console, and if I run db2ldif all of the data is
there, but if I do an ldapsearch query, it returns no results, which is
not how it should be. The command:

ldapsearch -D dn.. -W -x -H ldap://newhost uid

This search returns zero results, and no errors. If I point it against
the old server where the data came from, it returns 366 results.

Thoughts?

-Brandon

Rich Megginson 04-19-2011 02:23 PM

On 04/19/2011 08:19 AM, brandon wrote:
> So I am a little at a loss here, perhaps somebody out there has some
> insight I am missing (likely obvious, knowing my luck).
>
> I have a 389-ds 1.1.3-5 (redhat epel RPM) / i386 directory server, I ran
> db2ldif to export the data. Then on a new host running 389-ds-1.2.1-1 /
> x86_64,
what version of 389-ds-base? rpm -qi 389-ds-base
> I ran ldif2db and imported the data. I can see the entries when
> I browse it from 389-console, and if I run db2ldif all of the data is
> there, but if I do an ldapsearch query, it returns no results, which is
> not how it should be. The command:
>
> ldapsearch -D dn.. -W -x -H ldap://newhost uid
>
> This search returns zero results, and no errors. If I point it against
> the old server where the data came from, it returns 366 results.
Check the directory server access log -
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-yourinstance/access - also check errors for errors.