Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 PM
jean-NoŽl Chardron

Default Replica and Windows Sync

Hello,

In a first time I configured the synchronisation between one AD and one
389DS. it is working fine. Now, I would like to mount a new one 389DS
that will be a replica read-only of the first :
I read this doc :
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Configuring_Multi_Master_Replication.html
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/7.1/html/Administrators_Guide/sync.htm#2876133
From this picture I want something more simple like :

Consumer read-only (replica)<-----> Supplier Read-Write <----Sync--->
Windows AD

I don't see how I can configure the replication on the Supplier
The supplier sync with AD a database that contains user and group of the AD
The supplier has one more database with Unix user and group (I can
enable replica on this database and it is working (it is a single
master) , I got the replication of this database on the consumer)

The problem is for the first database (AD) that is a dedicated consumer
for the Windows AD. I dont see how configure as a single master to do
the replication to the consumer.
Support or explanation will help me
Thanks,

--
Jean-Noel Chardron

Old 04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Diego Woitasen

In a first time *I configured the synchronisation between one AD and one

389DS. it is working fine. Now, I would like to mount a new one 389DS

that will be a replica read-only of the first :

I read this doc :

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Configuring_Multi_Master_Replication.html

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/7.1/html/Administrators_Guide/sync.htm#2876133

*From this picture I want something more simple like :

Consumer read-only (replica)<-----> Supplier Read-Write <----Sync--->

Windows AD

I don't see how I can configure the replication on the Supplier

The supplier sync with AD a database that contains user and group of the AD

The supplier has one more database with Unix user and group (I can

enable replica on this database and it is working (it is a single

master) , I got the replication *of this database on the consumer)

The problem is for the first database (AD) that is a dedicated consumer

for the Windows AD. I dont see how configure as a single master to do

the replication to the consumer.

Support or explanation will help me

Thanks,

--

Jean-Noel Chardron

It's documented in the section 9.5.1 and 9.5.2.
Question, what version of AD are you using? Because I was able to configure Windows Sync agaisnt AD 2008r2 but it doesn't work with 2003. I wrote a patch to the windows sync pluging to get it working.

Regards,*Diego
--
Diego Woitasen

Old 04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
jean-NoŽl Chardron

Le 12/04/2011 16:37, Diego Woitasen a ťcrit*:

wrote:

[...]

Yes, but I don't find the answer to my question in the
documentation.

In my configuration of the replica settings are :

In replica role : "Dedicated consumer" (Must* I change it to
"Multiple Master" ? )

Common settings : Replica ID = 65535* (now I read this must be a
digit between 1 and 65534) Must I change it and what are therefore
if I change the value ?

Question, what version of AD are you using? Because I was
able to configure Windows Sync agaisnt AD 2008r2 but it doesn't
work with 2003. I wrote a patch to the windows sync pluging to
get it working.

I use 2008r2

Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Diego Woitasen

wrote:

[...]

Yes, let it configured as "Multiple Master". If you have a read-only consumer, the master could be configured as "multi-master" *or "single master".

If don't remember the allowed range for ID, but don't use 65535 to be sure.
Thanks for the information about 2008r2.*
Regards,*Diego
--
Diego Woitasen

Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Rich Megginson

:

[...]

Only writable masters use the ReplicaID.* For a hub or dedicated
consumer, use 65535.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM
jean-NoŽl Chardron

Le 12/04/2011 20:45, Rich Megginson a ťcrit*:

[...]

Actually the 389ds syncing with the AD is in "dedicated consumer".
So do you mean that I need to change from dedicated consumer to
(single or multi) Master ? but what will be the consequence of this
change on the syncing with the AD , is there a possibility that the
synchronisation doesn't work anymore ?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Rich Megginson

?

Only writable masters use the ReplicaID.* For a hub or dedicated
consumer, use 65535.

Actually the 389ds syncing with the AD is in "dedicated consumer".
So do you mean that I need to change from dedicated consumer to
(single or multi) Master ?
It needs to be a supplier, which means it needs to either be a hub
or a master.* If you want it to be read-only from clients, use hub,
otherwise use master.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:15 PM
jean-NoŽl Chardron

ok, thank you

It works !

Le 13/04/2011 15:13, Rich Megginson a ťcrit*:

[...]

Ingťnieur systŤmes et rťseaux
CNRS - Dťlťgation Aquitaine et Limousin
Avenue des Arts et mťtiers
BP 105