Old 04-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Stephen Ingram

Default map value of ServerAdminID for key as_uid did not map to value...

I'm trying to register an ipa v2 directory server with
register-ds-admin.pl so that I may use the ds-console to view the
directory. As I see that the ipa portion of the directory is meant to
be managed by ipa, I don't intend on touching that part of the tree.
However, it would be really nice to be able to view the directory
configuration and maybe make configuration changes (if allowed) using
the 389-ds-console. I found an earlier post about automating this
process, but it apparently dealt with only version 1.

Running register-ds-admin.pl, I have successfully created an admin
server as well as another directory to store the configuration into.
However, when I try to register the ipa directory server, I get the error:

The map value 'ServerAdminID' for key 'as_uid' did not map to a value
in any of the given information files.

I see this error referenced in earlier 389-ds bug reports, but it is
supposed to have already been fixed. I'm using version 1.2.8-0.3.a3 on
Fedora 14. Should I file another bug report?

Steve

Old 04-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Rich Megginson

On 04/07/2011 05:41 PM, Stephen Ingram wrote:
> I'm trying to register an ipa v2 directory server with
> register-ds-admin.pl so that I may use the ds-console to view the
> directory. As I see that the ipa portion of the directory is meant to
> be managed by ipa, I don't intend on touching that part of the tree.
> However, it would be really nice to be able to view the directory
> configuration and maybe make configuration changes (if allowed) using
> the 389-ds-console. I found an earlier post about automating this
> process, but it apparently dealt with only version 1.
>
> Running register-ds-admin.pl, I have successfully created an admin
> server as well as another directory to store the configuration into.
> However, when I try to register the ipa directory server, I get the error:
>
> The map value 'ServerAdminID' for key 'as_uid' did not map to a value
> in any of the given information files.
>
> I see this error referenced in earlier 389-ds bug reports, but it is
> supposed to have already been fixed. I'm using version 1.2.8-0.3.a3 on
> Fedora 14. Should I file another bug report?
Yes, please.