-   -   389 DS and syslog logging (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/508716-389-ds-syslog-logging.html)

Brian Provenzano 04-01-2011 09:43 PM

389 DS and syslog logging

I've checked over the docs a bit, but in case I missed anything I was wondering if 389 DS has the ability to log to syslog. *This would help tremendously with monitoring access / auths to the directory.

Thanks, Brian

Rich Megginson 04-01-2011 10:22 PM

389 DS and syslog logging

I've checked over the docs a bit, but in case I missed
anything I was wondering if 389 DS has the ability to log to
syslog. *This would help tremendously with monitoring access /
auths to the directory.
No, but you could have the directory server log to a named pipe, and
have that script log to syslog, send an email, update a web page,
whatever.

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Named_Pipe_Log_Script

Thanks, Brian