Old 03-16-2011, 03:10 PM
laxman singh Mandloi

Default LDAP aliases with Postfix mail server

Hello,

I have Postfix mail server with out aliases, now need to setup aliases for mail account reside both mail server and fedora-ds on same server. can anybody tell me how* to perform this task.

I need to perform this on my server.

Thanks in advance
--
Thanks and Regards
Laxman Singh Mandloi

Old 03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
laxman singh Mandloi

Hi* Jean-Noel,

First all thank for your valuable reply......... i will implement it coming days after festival of of color (Holli) here in India.

Thanks
Laxman Singh

I will

2011/3/18 jean-Nol Chardron <Jean-Noel.Chardron@dr15.cnrs.fr>

Le 18/03/2011 12:11, jean-Nol Chardron a crit*:

Le 16/03/2011 17:10, laxman singh Mandloi a crit*:

Hello,

I have Postfix mail server with out aliases, now need to setup
aliases for mail account reside both mail server and fedora-ds
on same server. can anybody tell me how* to perform this task.

I need to perform this on my server.

To start you need to configure some file or/and the 389DS depending

on how you store your aliases.

The
easiest way is the
flat file /etc/postfix/aliases

and you can configure le directive alias_maps =
hash:$config_directory/aliases

more sophisticated solution
is to store aliases
in 389DS, in
this case you need
to extend the scheme
389DS. You can
find on the internet for
postfix and ldap
schemas like below
works perfectly :

http://hannibal.solstice.nl/hannibalwiki/doku.php?id=hannibal:62postfix.ldif

Once
389DS configured with
this scheme, you
can set up aliases for
postfix to use
389DS:

alias_maps = hash:$config_directory/aliases,* ldap:$config_directory/ldap-aliases.cf

Where
ldap-aliases.cf is
a configuration file to find
the alias in the
LDAP server wich
may contain the directive below :

server_host =** ldap://localhost/*
## ldap server on the same host

bind =********* no

version =****** 3

timeout =****** 20

scope =******** sub

search_base =** ou=Aliases,dc=example,dc=com

query_filter =* (mailacceptinggeneralid=%u)

result_attribute = maildrop

result_format = %u

entry
"ou = Aliases, dc
= example, dc
= com" needs
to be created on
the server and
the ldap entries

with aliases.

help a little here an example of entry Aliases :

$ ldapsearch -h aragon -x -b
ou=Aliases,dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr > /tmp/aliases.txt

$ cat /tmp/aliases.txt

# extended LDIF

#

# LDAPv3

# base <ou=Aliases,dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr> with
scope subtree

# filter: (objectclass=*)

# requesting: ALL

#

# Aliases, ad.dr15.cnrs.fr

dn: ou=Aliases,dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr

objectClass: top

objectClass: organizationalunit

ou: Aliases

# Test1, Aliases, ad.dr15.cnrs.fr

dn: cn=Test1,ou=Aliases,dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr

objectClass: postfixAlias

objectClass: top

cn: Test1

mailacceptinggeneralid: test-ldap-1

maildrop: joe

maildrop: jack

# Test2, Aliases, ad.dr15.cnrs.fr

dn: cn=Test2,ou=Aliases,dc=ad,dc=dr15,dc=cnrs,dc=fr

objectClass: postfixAlias

objectClass: top

cn: Test2

mailacceptinggeneralid: test-ldap-2