Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Ciphers persistant after restart

Hi
Unfortunately I am stuck with a slightly older version of 389 at the moment so if this is fixed in a later version then great otherwise I include the details to try an reproduce.

Versions:
389-admin-1.1.11-1.el5
389-admin-console-1.1.5-1.el5
389-admin-console-doc-1.1.5-1.el5
389-adminutil-1.1.8-4.el5
389-console-1.1.4-1.el5
389-ds-1.2.1-1.el5
389-ds-base-1.2.6.1-2.el5
389-ds-console-1.2.3-1.el5
389-ds-console-doc-1.2.3-1.el5
389-dsgw-1.1.5-1.el5

Problem:
Open admin console
Select Encryption tab and then click on settings button.
Select TLS tab and remove( uncheck) all ciphers below 128bits level
Click Ok, and save
Exit admin console
Restart admin server

Log into admin console again.
The unchecked ciphers removed a moment ago is checked again...

Monitoring the audit log does show that changes are being made, I need to go through it with a fine tooth comb though.

Any thoughts on why this is happening, a bug a feature to protect against dumb users maybe?

Regards