-   -   NPE in manage certificates (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/493948-npe-manage-certificates.html)

Adrian Bridgett 02-25-2011 06:58 AM

NPE in manage certificates

Just in case anyone else is bitten by this which seems to have several
causes, here's another one. Thought it worth posting in case it saves
someone else some headscratching time!

Don't install centos-ds-admin and let it pull adminutil from EPEL
(rather than adminutil from centosextras). If you do, then clicking
"manage certificates" on the LDAP server (not the admin server) yields:

(389-ds-admin-console from ubuntu which is sadly 1.1.3, but I also
tried the windows binary which also errored the same way)
~$ Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.netscape.management.client.security.Certificat eDialog.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at
com.netscape.management.client.security.Certificat eDialog.<init>(Unknown
Source)
at com.netscape.admin.dirserv.task.KeyCert.run(Unknow n Source)
at com.netscape.management.client.TaskModel.actionObj ectRun(Unknown
Source)
at
com.netscape.management.client.TaskPage$TaskList$B uttonMouseListener.mouseClicked(Unknown
Source)
at
java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseClicked(AWTEvent Multicaster.java:270)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.jav a:6111)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponen t.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:587 3)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:210 5)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.jav a:4469)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.jav a:2163)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:42 95)
at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent( Container.java:4461)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(C ontainer.java:4134)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Conta iner.java:4055)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.jav a:2149)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478 )
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:42 95)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java: 604)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(EventDispatchThread.java:275)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(E ventDispatchThread.java:200)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:185)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:177)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThre ad.java:138)

Currently waiting on our provider to sort their systems out so we can
use RHDS.

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Expert Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS

laxman singh Mandloi 02-28-2011 08:18 AM

NPE in manage certificates

Hello......

Can you tell me how you executing command. .............

Thanks and Regards
Laxman Singh Mandloi
Linux Administrator /Trainer
Mob no.7597912030