Old 02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Rich Megginson

Default Repopulating Multi-Master Replicated Directory

On 02/22/2011 09:18 AM, Chun Tat David Chu wrote:
Hi All

I have a question about repopulating 2 or more multi-master
replicated directory.

Here's my scenario...

1) I exported the whole directory database into LDIF.

2) I need to repopulate two directories that are configured with
multi-master replication scheme

Knowing that one way to do this is simply repopulate one directory
and let the replication does the rest by re-initializing the other
directory.

But can I import the same LDIF file individually to both
directories to reduce synchronization time?

The goal here is to minimize the time needed for directory
synchronization.

Thanks in advance!

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Initializing_Consumers-Manual_Consumer_Initialization_Using_the_Command_L ine

David