Old 02-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Chun Tat David Chu

Default Repopulating Multi-Master Replicated Directory

Hi All

I have a question about repopulating 2 or more multi-master replicated directory.

Here's my scenario...
1) I exported the whole directory database into LDIF.
2) I need to repopulate two directories that are configured with multi-master replication scheme

Knowing that one way to do this is simply repopulate one directory and let the replication does the rest by re-initializing the other directory.

But can I import the same LDIF file individually to both directories to reduce synchronization time?

The goal here is to minimize the time needed for directory synchronization.

Thanks in advance!

David

Old 02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
"Beamon, John"

I ran into this a few days ago.* There may be a more elegant solution, and I would love to hear it.
*
Initializing a DS after replication agreements are in place resulted in changelogdb errors.* The system said the information in its db did not match pending replications in the changelog, and it suggested a purge or a reinitialization.
*
[18/Feb/2011:15:33:39 -0500] NSMMReplicationPlugin - multimaster_be_state_change
: replica dc=example,dc=com is coming online; enabling replication
[18/Feb/2011:15:33:39 -0500] NSMMReplicationPlugin - replica_reload_ruv: Warning: new data for replica dc=example,dc=com does not match the data in the changelog.
Recreating the changelog file. This could affect replication with replica's* consumers in which case the consumers should be reinitialized.
*
I had to disable replication, which did nothing but remove the changelogdb.* I did not have to remove the replication agreements and recreate them, just disable replication on the consumer, then initialize, then re-enable replication.
*
*
I have a question about repopulating 2 or more multi-master replicated directory.

Here's my scenario...
1) I exported the whole directory database into LDIF.
2) I need to repopulate two directories that are configured with multi-master replication scheme

Knowing that one way to do this is simply repopulate one directory and let the replication does the rest by re-initializing the other directory.

But can I import the same LDIF file individually to both directories to reduce synchronization time?

The goal here is to minimize the time needed for directory synchronization.

Thanks in advance!
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Initializing_Consumers-Manual_Consumer_Initialization_Using_the_Command_L ine

David