-   -   Install on RHEL 6.... (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/489289-install-rhel-6-a.html)

Nathan Kinder 02-14-2011 06:00 PM

Install on RHEL 6....

On 02/14/2011 10:36 AM, danielgore@yaktech.com wrote:
> I have managed to get everything compiled and all packages installed, but
> when I go through the /usr/sbin/setup-ds-admin.pl script if fails with
>
> Could no start the admin server. Error: 256
> Failed to create and configure the admin server.
>
> This appeared to be a problem with the scripted not correctly creating the
> /var/log/dirserv/admin-serv directory. When I create that before the
> install it then errors with
>
> Errot updating console.conf
>
> NMC_Status: 1
> NMC_ErrType:
> NMC_ErrInfo: Cannot open file for reaing
> Could not update the httpd engine configuration.
> Failed to create and configure the admin server
> Exiting . . .
>
> Any clues?
I believe that this is an issue with the selinux policy. Do you see any
AVCs in /var/log/audit/audit when you attempt to run setup-ds-admin.pl?
> Thanks.

02-14-2011 08:02 PM

Install on RHEL 6....

No AVCs in /var/log/audit/audit. I did a search for the "console.conf"
file and could not find it on the system except for in my build directory
under "...../adminserv/cfgstuff/". The admin.conf file is created, during
the setup, in the /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv directory. But the console.conf
file is not.

In /var/log/messages I get

rpc.idmapd[1401]: nss_getpwnam: name 'root@management."mydomain" does not
map to domain "mydomain"
rpc.idmapd[1401]: nss_getpwnam: name 'nobody' does not map into domain
'mydomain'
rpc.idmapd[1401]: nss_getpwnam: name 'root@management."mydomain" does not
map to domain "mydomain"

Thanks for the help.

Dan

> On 02/14/2011 10:36 AM, danielgore@yaktech.com wrote:
>> I have managed to get everything compiled and all packages installed,
>> but
>> when I go through the /usr/sbin/setup-ds-admin.pl script if fails with
>>
>> Could no start the admin server. Error: 256
>> Failed to create and configure the admin server.
>>
>> This appeared to be a problem with the scripted not correctly creating
>> the
>> /var/log/dirserv/admin-serv directory. When I create that before the
>> install it then errors with
>>
>> Errot updating console.conf
>>
>> NMC_Status: 1
>> NMC_ErrType:
>> NMC_ErrInfo: Cannot open file for reaing
>> Could not update the httpd engine configuration.
>> Failed to create and configure the admin server
>> Exiting . . .
>>
>> Any clues?
> I believe that this is an issue with the selinux policy. Do you see any
> AVCs in /var/log/audit/audit when you attempt to run setup-ds-admin.pl?
>> Thanks.

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Rich Megginson 02-14-2011 08:15 PM

Install on RHEL 6....

On 02/14/2011 02:02 PM, danielgore@yaktech.com wrote:
> No AVCs in /var/log/audit/audit. I did a search for the "console.conf"
> file and could not find it on the system except for in my build directory
> under "...../adminserv/cfgstuff/". The admin.conf file is created, during
> the setup, in the /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv directory. But the console.conf
> file is not.
It should be created by "make install"

"Daniel R. Gore" 02-15-2011 12:14 AM

Install on RHEL 6....

When I performed the setup for the first time, it mentioned that it was
missing some SE Linux Management Tools (I can't remember what they were)
so I installed them, removed the old configuration
with /usr/sbin/remove-ds-admin.pl and then ran the setup again.

I am wondering if I actually needed those SE Linux Management before I
compiled all the DS components. Although it did not give me any errors
during the compiling, I think I should probably un-install everything
and recompile and install from scratch now that I have the SE Linux
Management Tools in place.

I will give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks for you help Rich.

Dan