Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM

Default Install on RHEL 6....

I have managed to get everything compiled and all packages installed, but
when I go through the /usr/sbin/setup-ds-admin.pl script if fails with

Could no start the admin server. Error: 256
Failed to create and configure the admin server.

This appeared to be a problem with the scripted not correctly creating the
/var/log/dirserv/admin-serv directory. When I create that before the
install it then errors with

Errot updating console.conf

NMC_Status: 1
NMC_ErrType:
NMC_ErrInfo: Cannot open file for reaing
Could not update the httpd engine configuration.
Failed to create and configure the admin server
Exiting . . .

Any clues?

Thanks.

believed to be clean.