Old 02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
"Beamon, John"

Default replicating netscaperoot, server2 not in server1 console

Running 389-ds 1.2.5 on two servers. I followed the techniques in this link, which uses setup-ds.pl and postpones registering until after the config has been built from LDIF and o=netscaperoot has been initialized.

http://sinodun.com/howto/replicating-netscaperoot-on-fedora-ds/

Connecting the console to server2, I find both server1 and server2 listed.

Connecting the console to server1, only server1 is listed.

This is not a failover design yet. I've tried running register-ds.pl to register server2 at server1's CDS, but the script does not ask where you want to register.

Candidate servers to register:
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-chi01osi112

Do you want to use this server as Configuration Directory Server?

Directory server identifier [chi01osi112]:

What might I have missed? Thanks.

-j