Old 02-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Noriko Hosoi

Default Performance differences between 1.1.2 and 1.2.6/1.2.7

(2011年02月10日 08:37), Rich Megginson wrote:

On 02/10/2011 09:32 AM, Reinhard Nappert wrote:

Hi,
I*noticed that the search performance increased
quite a bit with 1.2.6/1.2.7.5, compared to 1.1.2.
*
I did a rather simple test, where I randomly
searched objects from a small database with about 25.000
objects. I assume that those objects are cached.
The tests were performed on a 2 Dual CPU (1.8 GH
clock speed) box with 16 GB RAM.
*
I did perform 7.000.000 searches with 7 threads
(1.000.000 searches per thread). Both directory instances
were configured in exactly the same way.
*
I got 5630 searches/sec for the 1.2.7.5 directory
instance, whereas
I got 6890 searches/sec for the 1.1.2 directory
instance.
*
I was wondering what the reason for the
performance decrease is.

Could be the entryrdn (subtree rename) support.* Not sure.* You
could try disabling that.

Or since the DB is small, you could run the search performance test
after putting all entries on the entry cache.* If you see the
competitive result, the cause should be entryrdn.

If you are disabling entryrdn, you have to do export the DB to an
ldif file, disable entryrdn, then import the ldif file back.*
(Sorry, there is no backward tool.)

*
Thanks,
-Reinhard