Old 02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Reinhard Nappert

Default Performance differences between 1.1.2 and 1.2.6/1.2.7

Hi,
I*noticed that
the search performance increased quite a bit with 1.2.6/1.2.7.5, compared to
1.1.2.
*
I did a rather
simple test, where I randomly searched objects from a small database with about
25.000 objects. I assume that those objects are cached.
The tests were
performed on a 2 Dual CPU (1.8 GH clock speed) box with 16 GB
RAM.
*
I did perform
7.000.000 searches with 7 threads (1.000.000 searches per thread). Both
directory instances were configured in exactly the same way.
*
I got 5630
searches/sec for the 1.2.7.5 directory instance, whereas
I got 6890
searches/sec for the 1.1.2 directory instance.
*
I was wondering what
the reason for the performance decrease is.
*
Thanks,
-Reinhard