Old 02-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Juan Carlos Camargo Carrillo

Default 1.2.8 Windows sync agreement initialization

Hi,

I'm running 389-ds version 1.2.8 on CentOS 5x and configured a windows sync agreement against a 2003 active directory server. Everything works as expected. However, everytime I restart the directory server (service dirsrv restart) I need to reinitialize the windows agreement. Messages such as "Replica has no update vector. It has never been initialized" continously filling the error log until I proceed with the init.* But the replica was initialized and conversations between 389 and AD were working nicely.* And what I would not want at all is to lose any changes made on either side as a result of the initialization process. My question* then, is this the normal behaviour ?

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Carsten Grzemba

No, it is not a normaly behaviour.

I had a similar problem because my winsync plugin was not registered after a restart. I have fixed the problem that I have changed the plugin dependencies. But I do not know if it is the right way.

see thread "[389-devel] Problem using winsync API" in December 2010:

I have removed from win sync plugin:

nsslapd-plugin-depends-on-named: Multimaster Replication Plugin

from the plugin configuration, and instead added on the Multimaster Plugin config

nsslapd-plugin-depends-on-named: test Winsync API

Regards
Carsten

Old 02-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Juan Carlos Camargo Carrillo

Hi Carten,

Thanks for your answer. In my case there's not a testing plugin but the one that governs the win synchronization. As I am a sort of deep newbie can you tell me where should I made those modifications in an out-of-the box configuration, so I can retry your guidelines?

Regards!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Carsten Grzemba

These modifications can you make in the /etc/dirserv/slap-<instance>/ds.ldif. The ns-slapd process has to be stopped!
Which winsync plugin you are use?

In the dse.ldif look for the entry like that:
dn: cn=test-winsync,cn=plugins,cn=config

there remove> nsslapd-plugin-depends-on-named: Multimaster Replication Pluginif exists.

and look for the entry:
dn: cn=Multimaster Replication Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config

there add:
> nsslapd-plugin-depends-on-named: test Winsync APand start the ns-slapd process.

If you enable 'Replication' and 'Plug-ins' for the error logfile, you can see if the winsync API functions are called.
These are at least every 5 min (winsyncinterval):

[08/Feb/2011:11:16:57 +0100] test-winsync - --> test_winsync_begin_update_cb -- begin
[08/Feb/2011:11:16:57 +0100] test-winsync - <-- test_winsync_begin_update_cb -- end
[08/Feb/2011:11:16:57 +0100] test-winsync - --> test_winsync_end_update_cb -- begin
[08/Feb/2011:11:16:57 +0100] test-winsync - <-- test_winsync_end_update_cb -- end
even if there are no changes.

Regards
Carsten

----- Urspr�he Nachricht -----

Old 02-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Juan Carlos Camargo Carrillo

Hi,

I'm not using any particular winsync plugin different that the one that comes with the product. The error message begins with: "NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=windowsagreement (myserver:389): Replica has no update vector. It has never been initialized".

According to this I presume I'm using the NSMMReplicationPlugin but I cant find it in the dse.ldif file. Also I've searched for the line "nsslapd-plugin-depends-on-name" and found it on the Legacy* Replication Plugin DN. To give a try, I've removed it from there and still the problem continues to appear.

Thanks!